YMCA Camp Mohawk
Established, respected girls resident camp seeking an exceptional leader to assume the role of Associate Director. This mission driven organization provides great opportunities for personal and professional growth for the successful candidate and has potential for advancement within the organization. The position requires a high energy, creative, compassionate, and detail oriented individual. The diverse nature of responsibilities ensures constant challenges and opportunities for impact.
Under the direction of the YMCA Camp Mohawk Camp Director, the Associate Director is responsible for assisting with management of all operations relating to YMCA Camp Mohawk including resident and off season programs. This position is responsible for assisting with marketing and staff hiring functions relating to YMCA Camp Mohawk for Girls in addition to providing in-season leadership. Generation of income through group use of the camp facilities in the off season is a priority function. Creation of creative interpretative materials is an integral part of the position.
- Minimum, three seasons of administrative experience (Assistant Director, Program Director, etc.) with a substantial resident camp program.
- He/She should have a commitment to the YMCAs mission and purpose and knowledge of how it is accomplished through programming.
- The incumbent must have an understanding of and the ability to comply with State of Connecticut licensing requirements as well as human resource practices and policies.
- He/She must have demonstrated personal leadership ability and skill in accomplishing program goals through the involvement of other people – both employees and volunteers.
- The Associate Director must have sound management skills related to: program development, financial management, communication, supervision of staff, public relations, problem solving and volunteer development.
- This position requires competence in the use of word processing, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Power Point software as well a video editing experience. Experience with Word Press is highly desirable.
- This position requires an individual who can walk one mile in fifteen minutes including stepping over natural obstacles such as logs, rocks, etc., and can lift a 14” X 18” X 36” object weighing 40 pounds to a height of forty-eight inches.
- Instructor level credentials in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable but not necessary: challenge course, aquatics, equestrian sports, and dramatic arts.
- Familiarity with American Camping Association standards for resident camps in highly desirable.
Relating to YMCA Camp Mohawk for Girls:
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategies that result in adequate prospective staff inquiries to generate an appropriate pool from which to select seasonal staff.
- Assist with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring seasonal Camp Mohawk staff according to current organizational chart while within budget line.
- Assist with Camp Mohawk camper marketing efforts including tours, home shows, camp fairs, Open Houses, promotions, and CIT interviews.
- Participate in support functions for general office operations including information technology, graphic design, the Annual Campaign, camper registration processing, bunkmate requests and cabin assignments.
- Assist with site preparation and program area preparation including purchasing.
- Responsible for providing key leadership to ACA accreditation process.
G Provide key leadership to the YMCA Camp Mohawk for Girls resident camp:
- Execute program
- Provide support and guidance to staff
- Perform camp organizational functions such as day off scheduling, cabin assignments, weekly activity schedule and staff activity assignments
- Provide leadership to Special Events, “all camp” events, Senior programs and ceremonies.
- Manage camper survey process including preparation, implementation, and interpretation of results.
- Communicate with parents as necessary
- Maintain inventory of program supplies
- Serve as primary coordinator of bunkmate requests. Responsible for making all camper cabin assignments each session.
- Responsible for supervision of the Media Director and daily editing of the Daily Update.
- Responsible for supervision of the Quartermaster including all transportation scheduling.
Relating to Pre/Post Income Generation:
- Assist with marketing efforts that result in contractual arrangements equaling gross sales of $65,000.00 in pre and post camp season during the 2017 calendar year.
- Develop and implement “in-house” programs for delivery to pre and post groups.
- Provide direct leadership to pre and post camp season groups.
Relating to Role in Marketing:
- Participate with administration in the development of a year round marketing strategy.
- Participate in Camp Fairs, home visits and camp tours. Assume a leadership role in these events in 2018.
- Responsible for development of interpretative materials (brochures, flyers, postcards, special event promotions, etc.).
- Responsible for tracking marketing efforts via Google Analytics.
Effect on End Result
- Accomplishment of pre/post budget goals.
- Accomplishment of YMCA Camp Mohawk for Girls mission related goals:
- Campers and staff at Camp Mohawk will grow in knowledge and appreciation of themselves
- Campers and staff at Camp Mohawk will grow in knowledge and appreciation of their relationships with others
- Campers and staff at Camp Mohawk will grow in knowledge and appreciation of their relationship with God.
- Campers and staff at Camp Mohawk will grow in knowledge and appreciation of their relationship with the natural environment.
- Will have established a culture of service to youth based on a value centered, mission driven program.
$46,100 to $49,400
How to Apply
Apply by email: Amanda Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail: Patrick Marchand, Camp Director, YMCA Camp Mohawk, P.O.Box 1209, Litchfield, CT 06759
Resumes accepted until
November 12, 2016